Wednesday 8 July 2009

Bits and Bobs and RCA

Havent posted up for ages. Apologies.

I have been quite a busy boy I must say. My internship is going pretty well, really enjoying it anyway and learning heaps of things interms of how things are manufactured, building 3d models for manufacture, a different side to the design process than I have een before which has been really cool to get an idea of how different people work. Its been really busy there too, lots of work and they are moving offices friday ( my birthday) which has been a bit manic for them I think. Its honestly so fun though and all the guys there are really top blokes, really funny and down to earth which has made me feel at ease.

Apart from that I have been reading bits and pieces for my dissertation, and learning a bit more on solidworks. Not as much as i should though because ive been catching the sunshine and eeing alot of bands which has been great- to have a bit of a balance for a bit.

Went to the RCA graduate show which I thought was really strong. I thought alot of the projects were really interesting and well thought out, and there ere some really beautiful and interesting ideas. Loved Dominic Hargreaves' bike- being a bit of a cyclist myself I thought it was a really incredible bit of work. Really cool guy too managed to have a chat with him a few times over past few months and hes a good guy and so enthusiastic.

Check out his website at www.eyetohand.com

I am trying to purchase a SLR as soon as that happens this page will be photos galore! moneys tight though what with moving place and also needed a new computer. oh dear.

Anyways I attempt to have the blog back up and running properly soon- maybe moving to my own site though as my good friend Andrew Jordan, website guru has assured me its on its way.

No comments: