Tuesday 23 September 2008

First Post. 100% Design.


Went to 100% design show on Saturday- was pretty fun a lot of cool furniture and new technologies on show.
There was an amazing array of fixed gear bikes- something I am hugely loving at the moment- it was for a new pigmentation process a company was using and all the bikes were amazing. My bike is getting there but nothing like these!! Was great but depressed me a bit.

Highlights were seeing Sam Johnson's Net chair- Sam was first year tutor at uni and his chair was really beautiful and surprisingly comfortable. Deceptively comfy and it won a few awards as well. Was made for mark designs a new company in Cornwall who all seemed really nice and kindly let me take the above picture. I also enjoyed the Ten Exhibit "wood"- went back to it around 3-4 times. Great sense of humour and fun they've got.

The David Mellor metal work stand was also great but they were a bit more strict on photos- got some cool handouts from them though- and has made me want to design a dining set. really beautifully made cutlery- really old school manufacture mixed with sleek contemporary design.



Congratulations Sam!










No comments: